Happy New Year!
Write Shoot Cut starts the year with a clean open slate. Our January event will be a completely open mic event where we will offer the floor (and screen) to any and all filmmakers and films.
We’d like to provide more opportunities for more people to screen their work and join the vast community we have created at Write Shoot Cut and that exists across Scotland. It would also be great to have an event that enthuses and excites everyone for the year ahead.
Although it is open mic, you still need to submit your film to register, like any open mic night you need to book a slot. We only have two hours and so we are assigning slots on a first come, first served basis.
There are two kinds of slots:
- Films: 12 minutes and under – can be short film, music video, web series trailer, anything really*
- Pitches: this is a 10 minute slot to speak to the audience, pitch your script, film, yourself, your crowdfunding campaign etc…. if this includes a promo video then that time comes out of the ten minutes.
We will take submissions until the full 2 hours is taken up (this includes time for short Q&As after each film). So the sooner you submit the more likely you’ll play.
As submissions come in we will add them to this page so everyone knows what’s been booked in, keeping this fair and equal.
SUBMISSIONS SO FAR:
- No Set Door Price – Alex Harron – Documentary Short
- Silent is the Crow by Birdhead – Arpeggio Pictures – Music Video
- Hunger is Not A Game – Shauna Rothery – Pitch
- IndiaScapes – Neil Hartop – Timelapse
- The Lads – Andrew Pettle – Short Film
- Judas Goat – Pavel Shepan – Web Series
- Wolfpact – Ansgar Hoeckh and Bianca Herold – Pitch
- Workhouse Press – Sam Arksey – Documentary
Submissions are now closed as all slots are taken. An updated list of what’s screening will be uploaded soon.
For anyone who doesn’t know about Write Shoot Cut, we have been running for three years running packed out events across Edinburgh. Our Christmas Party in December attracted 120 members of the local filmmaking community and we are hoping to build in 2015.
The event itself will take place on Monday 19th January at 7.30pm at the Banshee Labyrinth with a cover charge of £3 for everyone, audience and filmmakers. As always it’s first come, first served too. So even if you are screening and you don’t turn up on time, there’s no guarantee you’ll get a seat! Read more of this post