Submissions to Write Shoot Cut are FREE and continuously open so what are you waiting for? Whether you want to screen at our Monthly Short Film Nights at the Banshee Labyrinth or our showcase events at the Filmhouse, this is where you need to be.
The rules are simple:
- All genres are welcome (drama, documentary, experimental, music video, art film and so on).
- Films must not exceed 20 minutes running time.
- The reviewers will be looking for films that catch their eye. It could be because they tell a great story, they are technically brilliant, they are interesting or innovative, they show real passion from those involved, they have a great story behind them or they just made us laugh/squirm/cry/scared.
- Please submit full and completed films. We do not accept clips from films or rough cuts.
- Films do not have to have had funding or the highest production values, we are just looking for good films that an audience would want to see.
- Not all films will be selected for screening and unfortunately feedback cannot be given on unsuccessful submissions.
- Unfortunately we cannot respond to every submission. If we wish to screen your film, we will contact you.
- Films will be selected by how they fit into a programme and may be played further down the line if suitable.
- Write Shoot Cut would also like to discuss showcasing films/filmmakers on the blog should their films be selected.
To submit fill out this form:
We only screen films from video file and accept no other formats.